Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Ray Comfort on Abortion


I admit I feel grieved when causes of every stripe recruit Hitler and "the gang" for their argumentative purposes; but we can't shy away from historical disasters and the ideologies that spawned them.

I think Christian-Jewish author and evangelist Ray Comfort makes a convincing argumentative connection between Nazi Germany and abortion in the short film linked here.  Critics will complain about semantics games, but I think even from a critical perspective, there's something more than language games at stake here, and Comfort presents some compelling moral thought experiments.

I warn you that it does contain some graphic images, and some objectionable language, I would also add though that this isn't a gross-out anti-abortion film.  There is a frank gospel message at the end to tie it together, so those that can't handle that are also forewarned.

Apologies aside, have it a watch, it may at least make you rethink one of the greatest ongoing crimes against humanity ever perpetrated.

I have to say, the most shocking thing in the video for me: how do you NOT know who Adolf Hitler is?  That's a red flag in and of itself!!



No comments:

Post a Comment